Submissions for Púca Issue Three are officially closed !
Púca is concentrated on combining different experiences and perspectives. We see each issue as a collaboration between the editors and the contributors. It is your pieces which inform the shape, scope and substance of each issue.
There is no fixed theme for the third issue. Instead of a theme, we want you to send us what you would consider to be some of your finest work!
We are accepting poetry, short stories, flash-fiction and creative non-fiction.
- Púca is happy to announce that for our second issue we are welcoming submissions from both Irish and international writers; indeed writers of any background.
- We are happy to read: one story or one essay or two flashes or up to four poems. Please only submit in one category per submissions period.
- All submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be attached as a word document.
- In your submission email, please include your full name, your contact email and the name of your piece.
- All submissions will be downloaded and anonymised. Please do not include your name anywhere in your submission document. Unfortunately, any pieces which do not comply will be disregarded.
- The subject line of your email should reflect the category you are submitting to.
- All submissions should be previously unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are all good but please let us know if your piece has been accepted elsewhere.
- Poetry submissions should be no more than 40 lines.
- Short story submissions should be between 1000-2500 words.
- Creative non-fiction should be between 1000-2500 words
- Flash fiction submissions should be no more than 800 words
- Please note that we cannot offer feedback on unsuccessful submissions.
The deadline for Issue Three submissions is the 1st of May at 5pm! We will be in touch within a month of submissions closing to inform contributors whether they were successful or unsuccessful.
All contributors will receive a contributor’s copy. At present, we cannot offer a publication fee but this is something we will be working towards!
Finally, thank you for reading this far! We truly cannot wait to read your submissions